Serious Injuries From Falls At Work Often Call For Serious Legal Help
Did you fall from a high height while at work? Falls on the job happen all the time, but many employers are reluctant to cover injured workers for the benefits they deserve. Injury claims resulting from falls from heights often require experienced legal support.
With offices in Raleigh and Tarboro, North Carolina, our law firm of O’Malley Tunstall PLLC provides representation to workers who have been injured in every kind of fall. Falls from heights can result in catastrophic conditions, such as severe head and brain injuries or serious spinal cord damage. In the worst cases, when a fall results in death, we work with surviving family members to obtain compensation for the wrongful loss of a breadwinner, parent, or caregiver.
Options For Workers Injured In Falls
When falling accidents occur on the job, workers may have a few legal options. If you were injured in a fall, let our skilled personal injury attorneys figure out which legal path will be best for you. Options may include:
- Workers’ compensation benefits: When falling accidents occur on the job, workers’ compensation rules should kick in automatically. It is important to report a work-related injury right away. Workers’ comp benefits may include payment of medical expenses and a portion of lost wages.
- Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits: If a fall at work results in a permanent disability, you should also apply for SSD benefits, especially if you are unable to return to work.
- Personal injury claims: In certain circumstances, a personal injury lawsuit may also be warranted. A premises liability claim – from a slip-and-fall, for instance – may be necessary if your employer failed to maintain a safe working environment for you and other workers.
Common Falls At Work
Our experienced lawyers handle all types of accident claims from slip, trip and falls. Some common fall injuries include:
- Painters falling from ladders
- Construction workers falling from scaffolds, cranes, walkways, or buildings
- Roofers falling while installing new roofs or cleaning out gutters
- Truckers falling while getting into or out of their trucks
- Office workers stumbling over objects left in the way, slipping on spilled water, or tripping while walking down the stairs
You May Be Entitled To Compensation For Your Fall
If you were injured in a fall at work, we will help you get the compensation you deserve. It costs you nothing to ask about your options. Call O’Malley Tunstall today at 252-214-6360 or 919-701-0401 or toll-free at 844-234-8630 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Or write to us using this online form.