Slip and Fall Lawyers in Raleigh, NC
When Property Owners Put Safety Second
Slip and fall accidents can have devastating consequences. A split second of inattention can result in a serious injury that could leave you with mounting medical bills, lost wages, and a long road to recovery.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be wondering if you have any legal recourse. The answer depends on the circumstances of your accident and whether the property owner was negligent in maintaining safe conditions.
Owners of grocery stores, restaurants, and any other types of properties where the public is invited inside are required to keep their properties safe for public use. This means regularly maintaining and repairing, as well as warning of hazards such as slippery floors.
When these property owners fail to carry out that duty and people are injured as a result, they need to be held accountable. Claims made against property owners by personal injury victims are premises liability claims.
At O’Malley Tunstall, P.C., our experienced personal injury lawyers have helped countless people who have been injured in slip and fall accidents. We know how to investigate these accidents and hold negligent property owners accountable. Contact us today at (919) 277-0150 to schedule a free consultation.
What Types of Accidents can Property Visitors Suffer?
At the North Carolina law firm of O’Malley Tunstall PC, our attorneys are strong advocates for the injured. We will help you fight for the full compensation you deserve after an injury on someone else’s property. These types of cases may include:
- Slip-and-fall accidents: Spilled liquids, produce, debris, unsecured entrance mats, and other hazards can cause serious injuries when someone slips and falls.
- Falling merchandise accidents: Big-box retailers place heavy goods on shelves that are tall enough that any falling objects can cause very serious injuries.
- Bounce house accidents: Inflatable bounce houses are a staple at many children’s birthday parties. But, what happens when a child is hurt in one?
- Convention center accidents: Convention centers such as the Raleigh Convention Center can host tens of thousands of people every week depending on which events are scheduled. There are many risks for attendees in these large venues.
- Negligent security incidents: When property owners know there may be security risks for their patrons, they owe a duty to take measures to ensure the safety of the people who come on their property. When they fail in that respect, injuries may occur as the result of an assault, robbery, or some other type of attack.
How do I Know if I Have a Claim?
You may have a personal injury claim if you were injured on someone else’s property and the property owner was negligent in maintaining safe conditions. In order to have a successful premises liability claim, you will need to show that:
- You were legally on the property when you were injured. This means you had permission to be there or were invited onto the property
- The property owner knew or should have known about the dangerous condition that caused your injuries
- The property owner did not take reasonable steps to remedy the dangerous condition or adequately warn visitors of the hazard
If you can prove these elements, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages caused by your fall injuries.
To prove that the property owner was negligent, you will need to show that he or she knew or should have known about the hazard and failed to fix it or warn visitors of the danger. This is where an experienced personal injury lawyer can be extremely helpful.
At O’Malley Tunstall PC, our Raleigh attorneys have the resources and experience necessary to investigate your accident, gather evidence, and build a strong case on your behalf. We will do everything we can to help you hold the negligent property owner accountable and recover the full compensation you are entitled to.
What Should I Do After a Slip-and-Fall or Other Premises Liability Accident?
If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of premises liability accident, it is important that you take certain steps to protect your legal rights:
Report the accident to the property owner or manager: This is important for two reasons. First, it creates a record of the incident. Second, the property owner may be liable for your injuries if he or she was aware of the hazard and failed to fix it or warn visitors.
- Get medical attention: Your health and well-being should be your top priority. In addition to seeking treatment for your injuries, you will also need to document the nature and extent of your injuries to support your claim for damages.
- Do not give a statement to the property owner’s insurance company: The insurance company may contact you after the accident and try to get you to give a recorded statement. Do not do this without first talking to an experienced personal injury lawyer.
- Save all evidence: If possible, take pictures of the hazard that caused your accident as well as your injuries. You should also save any shoes or clothing that you were wearing at the time of the accident.
- Call an experienced Raleigh premises liability lawyer: The sooner you contact a lawyer, the better. An attorney can help you investigate your accident, gather evidence, and deal with the insurance company on your behalf.
At O’Malley Tunstall PC, we understand how devastating premises liability accidents can be. We also know what it takes to win these types of cases. To learn more about how we can help you, call us or schedule a free consultation today.
What can Slip and Fall Lawyers do for Me?
When you’re the victim of a slip and fall accident, it can be difficult to know what to do next. You may be feeling overwhelmed, confused, and even scared. Fortunately, an experienced slip and fall lawyer can help.
A slip and fall lawyer will thoroughly investigate your accident, gather evidence, and build a strong case on your behalf to hold the property owner liable. They will also handle all negotiations and communication with the insurance company so that you can focus on your recovery.
Most importantly, a slip and fall lawyer will fight to get you the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. If the insurance company is unwilling to offer a fair settlement, they will take your case to trial.
If you have been injured on someone else’s property, turn to O’Malley Tunstall, PC in Raleigh, for skilled guidance. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers, call (919) 277-0150 or contact us online.