Board Certified Social Security Disability, SSI attorney Susan O'Malley's lists what she thinks you need to have and consider when applying for Social Security or SSI. Board Certified Social Security Attorney Susan O'Malley what you need to apply for Social Security, SSI
Board Certified Social Security Attorney Susan O'Malley discusses applying for disability
- Gather the Names, Addresses and phone number of the doctors that treat you.
- Make a list of all of your medications. Include the name, amount, how often you take it, what you take it for, how long you have taken it and the doctor who prescribes it.
- Make a list of the activities you can no longer do. See Worksheet.
- Make a list of your work history for the last 15 years. Include the years, name of employer and job duties.
- Keep all letters from Social Security.
- If you do not have insurance, apply for Medicaid and look for clinics in your area that will charge based on income or free clinics. List of free clinics by county.
- Follow the doctor's recommendations.
- Make a list of any other benefits you currently receive such as Medicaid or Veteran's benefits.
- Talk to your doctor about disability and whether they would support your application for it.
- Call our office if you have further questions about applying for Social Security, SSI or need assistance filling your application.